All those admitted to the master's degree must register from July to September, 2017 at the Academic Administration (Gestió Acadèmica) of the Faculty of Biosciences. To find out the day and time assigned for registration please contact the Academic Administration office of your centre or visit
Presentation of the required documentation is an essential condition for the processing of your academic record, the finalisation of the new registration, the modification of previous registrations and for requesting any kind of academic service (certificates, academic record transfer etc.)
If you are registering for the first time you should bring:
1. Registration form, signed by the tutor or coordinator of the Masters course. It is important to include a contact address during the course so that we can contact you if we need to.
2. Identification documents valid at the time of registration:
- Original and photocopy of national identity document, passport or other identifying document (for EU students).
- Original and photocopy of NIE – identification number for foreigners – (for non-EU students). If you do not yet have a NIE, you must bring a photocopy of your application and you will have a period of four months in which to present the document.
3. Bank details for a bank located in Spain.
4. Original and photocopy of the certificate for the qualification that provides access to the Masters degree, or the official academic document accrediting that it has been issued.
5. Original and photocopy of the academic transcript, containing the period in academic years of the qualification, subjects studied, credits obtained and the qualifications obtained.
6. Two colour photographs. If you have the UAB card you only need to submit one photograph.
7. If you are 28 years or over and have not taken out complementary insurance offered at the time of registration you must present the original and a copy of an insurance policy that covers health, accidents and civil responsibility in Spain. If for academic reasons you have to spend time abroad this policy must cover any assistance in the country you visit. If you have a foreign first degree, you will also need to bring the following documents:
Degree qualification and academic certificates issued by institutions of the EU, signatory countries of the European Economic Area Agreement and Switzerland must be official documents issued by the competent authorities. Degree qualification and academic certificates issued by institutions in countries outside the EU must be official documents issued by the competent authorities and legalised via diplomatic channels or, where necessary, via the Hague Apostille or the Andrés Bello Agreement.
Translation of documents issued abroad:
All documentation issued in Catalan, Spanish or English is admitted, Documentation issued in French, Italian or Portuguese can be submitted for translation by the UAB Language Service. It is your own responsibility to do this, and to cover the costs. For documentation issued in any other language, the corresponding into Catalan, Spanish or English by a sworn translator or any diplomatic or consular representation in Spain of the country of which the student is a national, must be attached.
If you are a returning student
1. Registration form signed by the coordinator/tutor of the Masters course.
2. Original and photocopy of NIE – identification number for foreigners –(for non-EU students). If you do not yet have a NIE, you must bring a photocopy of your application and you will have a period of four months in which to present the document.