The MSc in Bioinformatics of the UAB has been designed to create experienced and leaders professionals of Bioinformatics, equipping them with the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary for the development and implementation of the new computation strategies in bioinformatics research projects, biomedicine and biotechnology.
At the end of the master's degree, the students will have acquired a solid theoretical and practical training in bioinformatics and will be ready to face successfully the wide range of jobs opportunities of a growing labor market, spanning activities in research centers, companies and agencies that apply bioinformatics as a key element to boost the Research+Development. Students who take this master will get the following skills and abilities:
- Understanding the molecular biology principles and the throughput technologies used in the Omics (genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics, interactomics, etc.), as well as, use the tools and informatics resources commonly applied in Bioinformatics.
- Analyze and interpret with bioinformatics tools the data arising from the Omics.
- Propose innovative bioinformatics solutions to research problems and challenges posed by the Omics and System Biology research.
- Identify the needs of bioinformatics in research centers and companies working in the sector of biotechnology and biomedicine.
- Conceive, design, manage and develop scientific, technological or industrial projects in Bioinformatics being able to interpret and extract knowledge of them.
Home | News | Schedule | Module 1 | Module 2 | Module 3 | Module 4 | Module 5 | Practicum | Master\'s Thesis | Student´s form | Open positions | Links | Books & Journals | Ask Master Manager |
Student's Area Master Bioinformatics UAB
Web 2.0 Learning Platform
Enjoy the Power of Bioinformatics Thinking!